Technical perfection is part of the magic of Disneyland® Paris shows and events.
You will work on one of the many lavish Disney® stage shows, from the “Moteurs, Action... Stunt Show Spectacular®” to “Disney Dreams®”.
As an SFX Technician - explosives specialist or fireworks gunsmith, for example - you will be in charge of all your stage installations and guarantee the artistic result.
Reporting to the SFX Stage Manager or the Special Effects Technical Manager, you will most often work as part of a team, but sometimes on your own.
You will work in direct collaboration with other entertainment teams (lighting, sound, video…) as well as technical and stagehand teams.
Working hours vary according to the needs of shows/events, including weekends and holidays, daytime, evenings and at night. Personal protection equipment and appropriate clothing must be worn at all times.
Your day-to-day responsibilities
- Installing sets, props, fireworks and theatrical pyrotechnic effects
- Controling special effects during shows from the control booth or on stage
- Performing basic maintenance on all your equipment
- Rigorously following production instructions
- Respecting safety instructions to guarantee peace of mind for the audience and staff
We are looking for candidates with
- CAP to BAC+2 (BTS) diplomas in stage sets and props, or equivalent 2-4 year training degree
- At least 2 years’ experience in live special effects
- K4 and/or C4-T2 Certification is a plus (for handling certain pyrotechnic items)
- Specific knowledge in electricity, light mechanical work, plumbing and chemistry
- First aid and fire prevention training is a plus
- Rigour, stamina and respect of safety rules
- Good physical condition (heavy load carrying)